Friday, June 17, 2011

Gluten-Free Day 3

It's day 3 of our gluten-free diet and so far we all feel great!  My husband said he usually crashes for a couple of hours every afternoon, but since his diet has changed, he said that dragging/sleepy feeling went away!  As for me, I've noticed my cravings for all things grain is completely gone.  In previous posts, I wrote how I love my pretzels and I could not/would not give them up.  My mother, being the ever-so-wonderful mother that she is, bought me gluten free pretzels at Fresh Market.  Since we've cut out all grains though, I've noticed I don't even want to eat pretzels!  This is HUGE!!  I don't think you guys realize how much I LOVE my pretzels! :)  The bloating that I was experiencing is gone.  As for feeling sleepy, I still have that, but Jackson's not been sleeping the best so I really don't have a good gauge on that aspect yet!

If I had to guess, I'd bet we continue eating gluten free.  I don't think my husband has any inclination to stop and I feel better so I don't plan on stopping either!  The transition has been an easy one.  Like I said in my previous post, we don't eat bread so our diet hasn't changed a whole lot.  The biggest change for me is I can no longer pop in a pizza for lunch.  All convenience foods are definitely out, which I've been trying to eliminate anyway.  I've had to plan out meals, even lunch, just to make sure we have food to eat!  Fast food is no longer an option for us.  I'm mean, really, that's not all bad, right?  If I had to guess, I'd say I lost some weight too.  That wasn't the objective, but that is a great side effect :).  One blogger wrote that she always had to worry about her weight until she went grain-free.  I think that speaks volumes!

In closing, Bear Family Chiropractic is hosting a wellness workshop next Thurs @ 7pm at the Wells Co Public Library.  Dr. Kevin, DC well be speaking about stress and Jill Sell, RN will be speaking about nutrition.  To all parents reading this blog, I URGE you to come!  I haven't heard the stress talk yet, but I'm sure it's great :).  As for the nutrition aspect, this is a MUST!  I learned SOOOO much from listening to Jill.  I thought I knew quite a bit about nutrition before I heard her speak, but I was AMAZED at how much I learned after!  I guarantee if come, you will be throwing out half the food in your pantry when you get home.  Come! Come! Come!  It's time to get healthy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment