Friday, February 4, 2011

Are you eating food or stuff?

I am on a mission.  I mission to eat better (and no, that doesn't mean eating 100 calorie packs of food with a diet coke :)).  I was recently challenged and educated about all the bad "stuff" in our food.  I am out to eliminate this stuff and get back to eating REAL food.

I figured why I am attempting to implement this lifestyle change in my family I would blog about it.  My goal is to go back to the basics.  I want to only eat food that comes from the earth.  This, I know, will be a challenge, but one I am up for.

Since I started this mission I have completely overhauled our kitchen.  Somethings you will never see at our house:
  • Any meat from wal-mart (recommend watching Food, Inc - you'll be disgusted) We try to stick with meat free of antibiotics
  • Eggs with hormones/antibiotics
  • Hot dogs
  • Cold meat
  • Anything with hydrogenated oil and corn syrup
  • Cereal
  • Cow's milk (most dairy)
  • MOST processed food (I'm a work in progress)
  • Factory canned goods
I could go on and on, but I'll stop here for now.  There's so much to talk about!!  So, here we go!  Join me on this journey to a better lifestyle...

2 comments:

  1. I am with you Kami. I've seen Food, inc. and a few other documentaries on this subject. We are being offered garbage in the grocery stores most of which is made out of corn. Our bodies are literally falling apart because they are being nutritionally starved. One in 4 of contracts cancer. It's insane and not the way God designed things. I applaud your efforts for you and your family and look forward to reading your and others ideas. It's time to quit poisoning ourselves with worthless food and eat what God designed for our bodies. Enough with the high fructose corn syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you are starting a blog, Kami! Keep up the good work. It is such a journey.

    ReplyDelete