Saturday, July 30, 2011

Random Thoughts for the Week!

I have a new recipe for you all!  I made this awhile back, but since we used RAW apple cider vinegar, it overpowered the food.  I recently tried it again with less acv and it was WONDERFUL.  The recipe is for Cabbage Roll Casserole.  It can be somewhat time consuming if you choose to chop up the cabbage.  Oh, and if you use rice make sure you COOK it.  Our casserole was a bit crunchy :). 

On another note, this week has been somewhat of a trying week for me.  My youngest has been teething (that's what we think it is anyway).  He's had a fever for the past 2 days and has been super fussy for the past 3.  Before I could pin-point what was wrong with him, I thought he could be getting ill.  Both kids, and myself, doubled up on Juice Plus, probiotic, and fish oil.  I've been giving Jack zinc to help his immune system.  I HATE illness (mainly, because of what little sleep I get).  I now think it's just teething, but hey, a little extra "good" stuff couldn't hurt!  I'm just curious what YOUR family does to boost the immune system?   I could always use more ideas!

This week a new company, Wildtree, was brought to my attention.  Has anyone else ever heard of this? They sell all natural products.  For those of you that are eliminating processed foods, you are aware that so many products contain hydrogenated oil, MSG, GMO's, high fructose corn syrup, etc; THEREFORE, convenience foods are out.  Even products like taco seasoning packets, dry onion soup mix, bullion cubes and MUCH more are included.  These were convenience items for me that I can no longer use.  Well, Wildtree brings those convenience items back.  Their products contain only NATURAL ingredients.  From the research I've done on this company, I have been very impressed.  For me, it's a one stop shop for everything that I could need.  I'm tempted to have a tasting party.  Would there be interest if I would hold one at my home??  Here's the thing, I'm not a big party person, BUT if people wanted to try this stuff, I'd love to have a party - I don't want people to feel obligated to come, especially if they don't see the importance of natural foods in their diet.

Lastly, I've been thinking about giving a class on the American diet, processed foods and tools on how to cut processed foods from our diets. I'm not sure what the response would be, but apart of me thinks, GO FOR IT.   I don't claim to be an expert, I just want to educate people in a loving way.  If this would be an interest to anyone, let me know!  If no one response, I think I may do it anyway!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment