Friday, November 18, 2011

Last November, we started a journey of better eating.  I am so proud of how far we've come!!  The Bear house is officially processed food free! 
For many of you, this may seem impossible and not doable.  In one year, we have taken baby steps to reach this point.  This, dear readers, is VERY doable!!  By eliminating one product or chemical at a time, we have progressed to where we are today.  We still have a ways to go, but I am so proud at the progression that has taken place.

Our diet now consists of WHOLE FOODS - God made foods (fruits, veggies, and lean meats).  It's so simple - it's hard :).  I use to be obsessed with recipes, but now, I hardly ever use them.  I've also learned that repeating meals weekly and biweekly is completely acceptable.  My entire perception of food has changed!

I truly believe that the food we put in our bodies determines how well we live.  I just read an article today entitled, America: In 10 Years You'll Be Fat.  I think sometimes people take these articles offensively, but they shouldn't.  There is so much truth in it! Americans need a wake up call and sometimes a slap in the face.  We are in the middle of a health epidemic.  People mock me (yeah, a little harsh, but true) when they see what I post about their cereals, their pizza and everyday "food". They have a tendency to think I'm over doing it.  How can cereal really hurt us, right?

Here's the problem - we aren't eating bad once in-a-while.  We are eating poorly everyday, for every meal, over a life time.  Nine year olds are being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.  This use to take a lifetime to get, now it takes us 9 short years. Food is in control of us.  We have uncontrollable cravings and we are getting...I'll just say....FAT.  Big, fat, stupid America, that's what we're becoming.  We no longer know how to feed ourselves (crazy, right?). 

I blame the food industry.  They do a wonderful job marketing, TELLING us what's healthy.  They tell us to eat this and that, and we believe them.  We take what they say at face value and do not question them.  STOP THE MADNESS!! 

Since we went off processed food and cut gluten, we have been more in control of what we eat. We no longer have cravings and we are no longer slaves to food.  Some may look at the way we eat and think they could NEVER do it and they'd be giving up to much.  Oh, dear readers!  We have GAINED more than we have  lost.  If our lifestyle was impossible, it would not be a lifestyle.  We don't miss the frozen pizzas, cereal, crackers, cookies, chips...WE DON"T MISS THEM!  We are functioning BETTER without those things and we will never go back.

I have a very sick extended family.  Sadly, what I have to say falls on deaf ears.  I can only control what we do, and we will continue doing what we're doing.  I always love questions and will help when I can!  Do not hesitate...this is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment